Tuesday, August 31, 2010

WEEKLY UPDATE

Hello Everyone!

This week started out pretty slow. We were talking to a lot of great people. But not having much success with setting up appointments. On Wednesday night just after planning Elder Jolliffe and I discussed what we were doing wrong. We decided it was because we weren't talking to everyone in our path. So that evening we recommitted ourselves to speak with everyone. That Thursday morning we doubled our appointments and taught a lesson on the spot in the one hour of finding we had before weekly planning, and we kept setting appointments up through out the day. So I have gained a strong testimony of speaking to everyone. We may pray that we will be guided to those that are prepared to receive the gospel. How will you know if they are prepared unless you've spoken to them. The people that pass by us could be the ones that the lord has prepared for us.

I am grateful to be staying in Southport! The ward is fantastic, and very helpful! I can see how building the members trust can help us out a lot, In fact it's impossible to do missionary work without the help of the members. We just started "Ask in faith" with one of the families and I can't wait to see how effective this tool can be! I have really grown to know how important members are in missionary work.

Elder Jolliffe and I are still getting along great! We are constantly trying to help each other become better missionaries. We are constantly helping each other out, whether it be serving each other or just giving each other tips to be more effective instruments in the hands of the lord. I am grateful to be serving with Elder Jolliffe and I'm grateful to be learning so much from him.

Thanks for the support and the letters of encouragement! I really enjoy hearing from everyone! Feel free to send me letters whenever you want. :D
Love,
Elder Ballantyne

No comments: