Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Weekly Update!

Hi Family!

Everything is going great this was a fantastic week. It was really nice and sunny yesterday for once! The weather here is crazy because it could be sunny in the morning and then be pouring in the evening. I think the weather changes more than it does in Utah.

On Monday, we taught Julie about baptism and confirmation to gear her up to enter the waters of baptism this week. She expressed that she was nervous. But she ended up being baptised on the 6th of Aug, even though she was going through a lot of stress from moving house. Right after she had "...Come up out of the water, the Holy Ghost did fall upon [Her]..." 3 Nephi 19:13. I definitely felt the holy ghost as soon as she came up out of the water, Which testified to me that Julie was doing the right thing.

Interviews and training was fantastic! In my interview with the president, He said I was going to be older than 1/3 of the missionaries in the mission by Sept. because there is a big group heading home after this transfer. This made me realize I need to step up my game quicker, so that the culture of the mission can continue, and so i can help all these new missionaries become great missionaries. Also during the Assistants training, it was nice to be able to go over the 2010 mission plan. For me it was the first training i had on it. so it was nice to understand it better. Also the assistants asked us to pray and get a confirmation about it. So I did and now I know that this plan will and does work.

On Saturday, We were able to go on exchange with the zone Leaders. Something i learned from this exchange was that Urgency not only shows the importance of our message, but also can make the work more fun. I noticed during the exchange that this is true. At first i couldn't find joy in street contacting. But running after people Helped me find that excitement and joy into finding.

No comments: