Monday, August 23, 2010

weekly update

Hi Family and Friends,

Things are going great! The ward members are really nice to us! This Sunday they gave us a Cantaloupe! It is making our flat kind of smelly we need to eat it soon. Another Lady gave us Penguins which are like a chocolate Cookie with Chocolate cream in the middle, and the whole thing is covered in milk chocolate. They are delicious! Another lady gave us grape Tomatoes from her garden! I'm excited about it!

This week was pretty slow. We talked to a lot of good people but not many were interested. We decided that the reason we were getting much success is because we didn't have faith in our own area. We kept saying how it's easier in other areas, and I feel that that is the main reason we weren't seeing success. I know that we need to have more faith in our area, and if we do have that faith I know that we will be able to see miracles. This is true for any area we go to. If we have faith and expect great things from our areas I know that we can expect great success.

Something i have been working on is being able to recognize and act upon the promptings of the spirit. Every time i think about it I am always reminded of Elder Bednar said, "Quit worrying about it." Sometimes we worry about whether we will be able to listen to the promptings of the spirit. I have learned, from Elder Bednars Talk, that we shouldn't worry so much about it. We will know it when it comes.

I am excited for this transfer, now that Elder Jolliffe is a District leader I need to do everything I can to make it easier for him because he has a lot of stuff to do, Like plan for district meetings and other things.
With love,
Elder Ballantyne

No comments: