Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A new Weekly Update

Hi Family and Friends!!!!!

This week was fantastic! I was able to work in Liverpool for 3 days with Elder Smart. Liverpool is a fantastic area! The people are way nice! apparently there was a Beatles festival the weekend before i went there. Everyone was asking if we went. The people Expressed that we should have, so it sounds like it was a fun experience.

Being able to work with Elder Smart In Liverpool for the three day was an amazing experience and full of miracles! Elder Smart is a fantastic Missionary! Our three day exchange started on Wednesday and we had Elder Wayment with us for that one day. I learned a lot from him! I learned that I need to ask for the peoples names earlier. So that I can be more personable to the people I speak with, this also shows that we care about the people and not numbers. so this week I have made the goal to get the persons name right at the first of the conversation.

The transfer continued, On Thursday morning Elder smart and I found a lady that had been going through a really hard time with her step brother. She told us that just that same morning she was saying her prayers that her life would get better. And we told her that this wasn't a coincidence that we met her, and that her prayer were answered. We shared the restoration with her. She expressed that she had never felt so happy in her life. I was reading in PMG About speaking to everyone. And it hit me, If we weren't speaking to everyone chances are we wouldn't have spoken to her. How can we find those that are ready to hear the message of the restored gospel if we're not speaking to everyone? The answer is we can't. So we need to be speaking to everyone so that we can be the answers to peoples prayers.

Friday Evening when we got back from Liverpool, we had a lesson with one of our investigators. So we went and it turns out his friend was there and we had a strong restoration lesson with them the spirit was so strong, we recommitted Luke to be baptized and he accepted immediately! We Also committed Tony, Lukes friend, but he was a little unsure. We will be seeing them both today so hopefully we can resolve any concerns he has.

The area is great! the members are so nice and supportive! I'm grateful to be able to serve with Elder Jolliffe here in Southport! I know that I was called here for a reason. Actually being here has helped me understand that more fully.

Thanks for the birthday cards and the love and support you have all showed me! I had a fantastic birthday, so thank you all!
I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!
Love
Elder Ballantyne
P.S. GO BYU!!!!

No comments: