Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Weekly Update

Hi Everybody!

It's great here in wales! It's a beautiful area. The work is pretty slow, but with the work going slow it makes me want to work harder to get the work moving. I have faith that we can get the work moving forward to help the branch flourish.

I am constantly trying to get familiar with the area so I can be a more affective instrument in the hands of the lord. Elder Knibbs is a big help with me getting to know the area better. When I get to know the area better I will be able to contribute more in finding the elect.

I met a member family yesterday. They are really nice! They gave us a lift to the Garwen Chapel for General conference. It was great to be able to watch conference with them! With the support of the members there is no doubt in my mind that we can get this area moving.

General conference was amazing! I liked Pres. Uchtdorfs talk about Humility. I liked when he talked about the pen not complaining as he used it. It made me laugh. It's so true also. The pen works where ever, and whenever. We need to be like the pen and work and not complain as we do so, especially in our callings. I also liked how he said Humility isn't beating yourself up. It's willing to give the Credit to who it belongs, which is to God.

We used to have zone conferences every transfer but we have been told we can only have zone conference quarterly. So we are having a multi zone training instead, Which will be different but I am still looking forward to it! It will be fun to see what it's about. And to see how similar it is to zone conference if it is at all.

Well I love and miss you all! Bye bye Until next week!
Love,
Elder Ballantyne

No comments: