Monday, October 25, 2010

Weekly Update 10/25/2010

Hello Everyone

Colwyn Bay is an amazing Area! The branch members are so nice. The work can and will move forward here. I know it can if we put the work into it. When finding seems hard something that has helped me is, I just think about how the 70/16 (70 Quality Gospel Conversations over Number of Appointments set up.) Standard is obtainable in any area in the mission. It really helps me to strive to hit the standard.

Just for a recap of the week:

On Tuesday, I was Able to go on Exchanges with Elder Green. It was an amazing experience! We went Street contacting and i really noticed the blessings of working diligently. It might be a given but the harder we work really does bless us with success in our finding. Also I have noticed that working urgently and running after people not only shows that the message we share is important but it brings a great joy in finding.

On Friday, I went on Exchanges with Elder D'oppido. It was fantastic! Elder D'oppido is an amazing missionary. Something I learned from Elder D'oppido is to be more personable and not to teach by rote presentation as preach my gospel tells us.

On Sunday, we had Stake conference. We heard the temple president talk about temples. It was amazing an amazing talk! We also were privileged to hear the Stake president give a talk on the first vision. He didn't use the spirit formula but the spirit was still very strong. I love hearing about the restoration. It is always so great! No matter how many times a day I hear it, it always has the same effect.

Thanks again for all the love and support!
With Love,
Elder Ballantyne

1 comment:

Molly said...

Thank you so much for posting kevins letters on his blog! I have enjoyed reading them every week. -Molly Cottam