Tuesday, November 2, 2010

WEEKLY UNDATE 11/1/2010

HELLO FAMILY AND FRIENDS!!!!

Wales is still as amazing as ever!

This week was great, On Tuesday, we had a great district meeting on revelation giving through prayer. We focused on inviting the head of the house hold to say a kneeling prayer. More often then not they will refuse to say the prayer, but we learned a few different ways to resolve their concerns and get them to pray. I can't wait to put it to practice.

On Wednesday, we taught an excommunicated member. We shared a spiritual thought and afterwards she expressed that she wanted to be refreshed with all the lessons! She has such a great family! Her son is a recent convert to the church and she has a daughter who isn't a member who seems interested in the church. I can see great things to come.

On Friday, I went on exchange with Elder Raybould. We had a successful exchange! He is very personable, he really showed me that we need to be personable, and not just be robots. It really shows excitement in the wonderful message we share. The gospel brings happiness, we need to show the people the happiness that it has brought us.

On Sunday, I had the great privilege to give a talk in sacrament meeting. Bro Gobbel from the Stake High council had me talk about the First vision. What a topic to be assigned! I absolutely love teaching the First vision. As I was giving my talk there were babies fussing and a lot of commotion going on. I decided to use the spirit formula. As I quoted the first vision, the babies went quiet an everything seemed to calm down. It was such an amazing experience!

Be sure to keep in touch! I Love and Miss you all!!!!
With Great Love,
Elder Ballantyne

1 comment:

Ken said...

Saw your parents Sunday night, They look great. They are so proud of you and so am I.

Keep up the great work.

Love you,
Uncle Ken