Friday, November 19, 2010

weekly update 11/15/2010

Sorry it took me so long to get this email from Kevin on the blog!







HHEEELLLLOOOOO!!!!!

The rest of this week has been pretty stressful being senior companion. But I'm sure it will better when i get the hang of things. With the added responsibility really makes me want to step up. It really requires me to trust in the lord for help. At first I was asking myself why I was called to be Senior companion. I realized that it's not important and that I just need to trust in the lord and the inspiration that President Bullock received, and just work my hardest to be a good senior companion.

Sat. was full of confusion, In my planner I had written down that we were to have a tea appointment with a member family, so we went there and they invited us in and said we had missed tea! We were confused. So they asked if we had anything to eat and we told them no, and they were willing to cook us some chicken. 15 min. later we get a call from another member, asking if we were coming over for tea or not. Everything made since then, that i had written down the wrong family for some reason. I felt terrible! The family we were with rushed us to the other members house. We were able to explain things and clear everything up. And ended up having a really good tea appointment with them.

At that tea appointment we taught Kath from rhyl who said she hadn't been to church for 2 years because she doesn't feel comfortable around people. So we talked to her about strengths and weaknesses and how she can get the help and strength she needs from prayer. By the end of the evening she said she felt a lot more calm about going to church, and told us she would be there! Well Sunday came around and Kath showed up! I was so happy! It was amazing!

Thank you all for the love, support, and prayers!
Love
Elder Ballantyne

1 comment:

Blair and Brenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.