Tuesday, November 30, 2010

weekly update 11/29/2010

Hello Family and friends!

First of all why I'm thinking about it I will say what i have learned from "becoming like him." I am doing it i just keep forgetting to write it in my letters. But because I'm so behind with sharing it all i will just give a brief statement from each.

First of all Faith In Jesus Christ The thing that stuck out to me is when we have faith we trust that he knows whats best for us, so we keep his commandments.

Next if we don't have hope as missionaries to find investigators. Why should be be blessed with them in the first place. The lord will bless us as we have a desire to help.

Charity was probably my favorite one to study so far. When we strive to have charity we... Develop love for every child of god, will be concerned about others will avoid negative feelings, will avoid judging others, will understand people better, will want to help people who are struggling or discouraged.

As was studying about virtue, I was reading in Preach my Gospel about where it talks about out minds being stages and only one act can be on at a time. It's always good to have a hymn or scripture memorized for when the bad thoughts creep in to your mind because the light always prevails over the darkness. then i thought of a dark room, when the lights are turned on the darkness immediately leaves the room.

This was a tough week. I was really grateful for being able to talk to the people we did speak to. But a lot of the people we spoke to just did seem very happy. Only if they knew what the gospel can do for them. I'm really excited for next week because the tough weeks are always followed closely by good weeks.

Elder Hanks is an amazing missionary. I learn a lot from him everyday. We also get along really well. I'm so happy that i get to serve with him here in Colwyn Bay.

On thanksgiving we had a Sports day, it was so fun! I really enjoyed every second of it. I thought i was going to miss the yearly turkey bowl down at the church. But sports day definitely made up for it! It was just as fun as the turkey bowl, if not better. We also had costco pizza. I love Costco's pizza! It is really delicious!

Thanks for the Support! I love you all!
Love,
Elder Ballantyne

No comments: