Monday, December 6, 2010

weekly update 12/6/2010

Hello Everybody!

This week we have been putting a focus on building trust with the members. We have been trying are best to build that trust. We have also been emphasizing member missionary work. Elder Hanks and I still both feel that working with the members and less actives is what will get the branch to flourish.

This transfer has been pretty tough because the appointments we have set up have been falling through. I feel it is because we haven't really been to diligent on Potential investigator follow up. I feel that if we commit to following up the day after we make the appointment, we will see more appointments go through.

This week i was able to go on exchange with Elder O'brien. Elder O'brien is from a town near leeds, England. I think it was a successful exchange. I learned many new things from Elder O'brien. We were also able to speak to some great people during the exchange.

Elder Hanks is a fantastic missionary. Not only that but he brings a lot of joy to the work as well. He really knows how to make hours of finding a lot more joyful. I can see him being a senior companion.

Last week we had a training I really enjoyed the training President Bullock gave on setting up appointments and confirming them, we have applied the training right away. I just want to say it really works! We have been able to see a lot more success in setting up more appointments.

Thanks for your love and Support everyone!
With Love,
Elder Ballantyne

No comments: