Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Weekly Update 10/11/2010

HIIIYAA EVERYONE!

Wales is great! There is plenty to do on p-days! There are great sights including the amazing castles. Today we walked around the Walls of the Conwy castle. It's so amazing. Pictures are underway.

The Multi-Zone Training we had this week was amazing! It was by far the best one ever (the first one)! We talked about the dead sea scrolls. I have always wanted to know more about the Dead sea scrolls. I have never even heard of them until I have been out. It really helped to give my testimony a boost. I knew before by the power of the holy ghost without a doubt that Joseph Smith is a prophet. And the book of Mormon is the word of God. Learning about the Dead sea scrolls was basically the cherry on top.

On Friday we traveled to Garwen so that Elder Knibbs could Interview Maveas. She is in her 70's and she is getting baptised. It just showed me that it's never too late to get on the right pathway. There is a funny story about traveling to the interview. We were able to catch the train, but the problems happened when we found out that the train was running late and because the train was late we missed the bus that was supposed to take us right in front of the chapel. We looked at the time chart and it said the buses only come ever half hour. So we decided to walk the two and a half miles. It was boiling hot especially because we had our suit jackets on. So we are walking in some kind of country area with sheep everywhere, on a pretty busy road. I was just thinking what people would have thought seeing to people in suits in the middle of nowhere. It must have been an interesting sight.

I was able to get to know more people in the branch on Sunday. I am way excited to work with the members. They are way nice and are a strength to the Chester stake! I don't think we will have any problems in getting people to fellowship investigators. Everyone is so willing to contribute to the missionary effort.

Once again thanks for the support that you all give me. I look forward to hearing from you. I love and miss you all!
Love,
Elder Ballantyne

2 comments:

Blair and Brenda said...

I am so very proud of Kevin and all his hard work! Keep it up little brother! We love you!

Brad said...

Wish I was there, you are AWESOME!! stay strong Elder