Tuesday, January 4, 2011

weekly update 1/4/2011

Hello Everyone,
>
> Just to go over the week...
>
> This was a good first week in Littleborough. I was able to meet many
> of the members over the new years weekend. I met a lot of them at
> church as well. There are still a few that i need to get to know
> better. But for the most part Elder Riera has been a big help on
> getting to know the members.
>
> On thursday, we had a tea appointment with the Thompson's from the mtc
> presidency. When I was in the MTC I enjoyed a few meals with them. We
> have had some good conversations while eating meals in the MTC
> Cafeteria. It was really good to be able to see them again and to
> enjoy another meal with them. The Thompson's are really nice.
>
> The first two days I have been in Littleborough we got let into two
> doors while tracting. One the first night and the other the night
> after. I have been let into 3 doors throughout my mission and these
> two times were two of the three. So the lord is blessing us with
> miracles right from the start. I feel that miracles like these will
> continue to happen through out the transfer.
>
> One of the doors we got let into was a man named Rhees. At first we
> knocked and he didn't even bother opening the door to tell us he
> wasn't interested, so we carried on tracting down the steet. Later
> Rhees came out and told us to come in. As we spoke to him we soon
> found out that he has had quite a few problems in his life. I know
> that that we were led to him by the spirit through our planning the
> night before. I have grown to have a real strong testimony that
> Nightly planning is when the spirit can guide us the most. It is a
> time when we can sit down and hear the promptings of the spirit more
> clearly.
>
> Thank you for all you support. I look forward to hearing from you. My
> new address for the next few weeks is: 14 The Millhouse, Gale Close,
> Littleborough, England, OL15 9EJ.
>
> With Love,
> Elder Ballantyne

No comments: