Tuesday, January 11, 2011

weekly update 1/10/2011

> HI EVERYBODY!
>
> This week was a really good week with zone conference as the high
> light of course. I'm still getting to know more members. Hopefully I
> will get to know them sooner rather than later.
>
> Zone conference was fantastic! We had some personal time where we
> could be alone to study. It was really good to be reminded of the
> great experiences I had while In the mountains during my first zone
> conference, and also to have many more great and powerful experiences
> during the personal time. We talked about Captain Moroni and the title
> of liberty. I really enjoyed it because it is probably one of my
> favorite stories in the book of mormon. We had the opportunity to make
> our title of liberty. I did mine on serving others. Everytime I start
> getting selfish throughout my life, I will see the banner and be
> reminded of the joy that serving others brings.
>
> We recieved a new mission plan for the 2011 year. I already know that
> the mission plan is inspired! I was thinking about the Littleborough
> area as we read it and realized that this is exactly what our
> Littleborough needs! Especially working with the members. I'm excited
> to put the plan to work and see how it helps the area florish.
>
> Yesterday as we were traveling on the bus back from church a man on
> the bus asked me if I had a pamphlet to give him. So i gave him a
> pamphlet and talked to him about it. Then out of no where he started
> getting nasty with us. It turns out he only wanted the pamphlet to rip
> it up! It was a rough experiance. When we got off the bus as we were
> walking I kept thinking about the whole thing, and I was comforted by
> the spirit, knowing that the book of mormon tells us this will happen
> which to me is more evidence that the book of mormon is true which is
> one of the reasons times like this only strengthen my testimony.
>
> Thank you everyone i look forward to hearing from you! I love you all!

>
> Love,
> Elder Ballantyne

No comments: