Tuesday, January 18, 2011

weekly update 1/17/2011

> Hello everybody!
>
> This was a really wet week in littleborough, which made it pretty
> tough to speak to people. People just seemed grumpy. At first I was
> trying to blame the rain for making people grumpy. Later on Elder
> Riera helped me realize that the bigger factor was our own attitude
> and that the lord won't bless us when we are murmering all the time.
> We were seeing no success all day until we realized what the real
> problem was. then that evening we were able to see more success. I
> only regret that we didn't realize it earlier in the day.
>
> On tuesday, we had a tea appointment with the Beresfords. The
> Beresfords are a family from southport who were visiting family in the
> littleborough ward for the next few weeks. It was really good to see
> them again and feel their spirit, and to get a taste of southport
> again.
>
> On wednesday, I went on exchange with Elder Saunders. Elder Saunders
> is from Colorado One thing he helped me with was to eliminate yes/no
> questions. particularly while finding. For example not to ask "Is it's
> alright if we walk with you?" but rather just say "We can walk with
> you." Elder Saunders is a great missionary. If i didn't know it was
> his 3rd transfer i would have never guessed.
>
> On, saturday we taught our investigator Adele. She expressed that the
> gospel has really helped change her life around for the better. She
> then thanked us for the work that we do. It was really nice to hear
> that. It increased my testimony of missionary work a lot, and that the
> work we do really does help people have happier lifes. I don't know
> what Adele's life was like before. But i could as she told us this i
> could feel of her sincerity.
>
> This sunday in priesthood, Jordan, a recent convert, taught the
> lesson. The lesson was powerful. He will be a great missionary in the
> future! He has a strong desire to go on a mission! I know that he will
> be great. He doesn't have a preach my gospel nor has he read it and he
> is already using skills that are found in preach my gospel.
>
> I love and miss you all!

>
> Love,

No comments: