Thursday, November 17, 2011

weekly update 11/17/2011

Kevin has been transferred I don't have the address yet.


Dear Everyone!

You might be surprised to know that I have already been transferred out of Stoke. I am now in Rossendale Valley Ward, Which is in the chorley stake. An interesting fact. The temple is located in chorley. Which is in the same zone but it iss less travel to get to the temple from preston. My new companion is Elder Marjanen from Finland. It is his second transfer in the mission. He is a very good missionary, and very humble.

This was a great week. We had a sports day on Tuesday, it was great fun and good exercise as well. It was good to see the other missionaries. It was quite exhausting playing sports from 10 am to 4 pm only to stop for lunch. I ached a bit after that's for sure. We had massive slices of delicious costco pizza. Sports all day and costco pizza... What could beat that?

This week I went on exchanges with Elder Jones it was a very good exchange I learnt a lot. One thing that I learnt from the exchange was from President Kopishke's training on making finding more natural. As I have applied it I have been able to have my conversations more natural and free flowing. It has also helped me with my goal of doing things because of the love I have for the people.

The love principle is definitely been something I have been focusing on lately. I really wish I would have had this focus a lot earlier in my mission. It has been something that I have really seen a lot of joy come from.

I was really surprised to see that I would be leaving Stoke after one transfer! That transfer definitely flew by! I don't know why I have moved already yet, but I do know that it was an inspired decision, and I look forward to learning why the lord wants me in Rossendale Valley.

--
With Love,
Elder Ballantyne

No comments: