Monday, April 4, 2011

Weekly Update 4/4/2011

> Hello Friends and Family > > So a miracle that we saw this week has to do with planning specific > times that miracles will occur. As we have done this we were blessed > with two unplanned lessons and two new investigators and both of them > were when we had planned for the miracle to occur! I have gained a > testimony of this action of faith. > > We were also blessed with two former investigators wanting to be > taught again. Caprice was found with Jordanna, a recent convert, and > ever since she stopped investigating Jordanna has been working on her, > sharing her experiences, and helped her to want to be taught again. > The other, Robert, was taught once and then was thinking about moving > down south so he stopped investigating but he was found again street > contacting and said he wasn't moving anymore and agreed to be taught > again. We are being blessed immensely! > > Rhys is still doing all right. He still has a desire to give up > smoking. He wants to help his girl friend, and we expressed that the > gospel would help her in her life. Rhys has agreed to share the > restoration pamphlet with her. We are excited to see how it goes! > > Elder Mecham is doing great! I have learned a lot from him. He is > always reminding me to talk to everyone even if I have talked to him > or her already. I always have felt that it is awkward to talk to > people I have already talked to. But Elder Mecham has helped give me > ideas on how to make it easier. > > A highlight for the week was definitely General Conference! I always > enjoy Listening to the prophets and apostles! I love to have a few > questions ready to be answered and if I pray to have those questions > answered, most of them if not all are answered. > >

With Love, >

Elder Ballantyne




letter to parents!!! >

Hello Family! > >

I thoroughly enjoyed conference! We watched it at the stake center in > Ashton. We did not get to see the last session because I started at 9 > and we are not allowed to be out past 9. We watched the Saturday > Morning session Live, sat. evening, and we watched a recording of both > the Priesthood session and Sat. Afternoon sessions sunday morning. > Then we watched the Sunday Morning session live Sunday evening. > Then they showed the Sunday afternoon session live at 9 and we > couldn't watch it. We'll just have to read it in the ensign. The > weather here has been all right, not as good as last week but still > all right. Good news is we can proselyte without suit jackets now! I > saw that it snowed because of General Conference. That was fun to see, > I Hope next year it snows a lot this late in the year so i can go > snowboarding as soon as I come home! For allergies Sister bullock told > me to take a hayfever medicine like Zirtec but the store brand and it > has seemed to help my running nose quite a bit. I forgot to take it > today. :~/ For easter are you planning on doing the shooting thing? If > not why not? Eh no reason is good enough to not do it. No not even > snow or rain. > I love top raman mac and cheese and they don't have it > here so i would greatly appreciate those at anytime. If you send a > package I probably wont get it till zone conference next transfer > which could be quite a few weeks, just for a head up. > Anyway have a good week.

I > love and miss you! > > Love, > Elder Ballantyne

No comments: