Monday, April 11, 2011

weekly update 4/11/2011

>

> Hello Everyone!
>
> We had Specialized trainings and interviews this week and it was
> great! We talked a lot about member missionary work, specifically on
> not wasting time at church rather to build relationships with the
> members as much as you can. Yesterday I tried my best to apply what I
> learned from studying the Susan Fultcher case study. The Susan
> Fultcher case study is story about Susan Fultcher who was a missionary
> who really set the example for gaining the trust of the members. We
> were told to read and study it before the training. I really liked the
> idea because I think I learned more from studying it than I did at the
> training. I think the person who learns the most, in just about
> anything, is the teacher, or person preparing.
>
> For an update on Rhys he is doing quite well he came to church
> yesterday. He still has a desire to be baptized. I know he can make it
> if he tries his hardest to give up the things that are keeping him
> from being baptized.
>
> Recently we have been stuck in the flat because Elder Mecham tore some
> ligaments playing basketball last monday. So i decided in order to use
> my time in the flat wisely I decided to call some potentials
> Investigators in the area book and we set up an appointment with the
> first person that I called. I know we are blessed when we don't waste
> time even when we are in the flat.
>
> Caprice is doing fantastic! She is really excited to be baptized. We
> passed her over to Elders Jolliffe, Sanders, and Smith, mostly so they
> can fellowship her into the Rochdale ward better. It was hard to pass
> her over but it doesn't really matter just as long as she gets
> baptized.
>
> We are still teaching Rob. A couple weeks before he was only having us
> teach him just because he was curious and wanted to learn about what
> his friends were doing. This week he had expressed to us that he now
> has a desire to get an answer! Now we just have to help him to get
> that answer.
>
> This week was pretty good even though it wasn't the most productive
> finding weeks. I'm just grateful to be able to go on exchanges with
> Elders Jolliffe, Sanders, and Smith, 1) to save my sanity and, 2) to
> keep teaching our investigators.
>
> Thanks for everything. Littleborough is doing great! I love it!

>
> Love,
> Elder Ballantyne

No comments: