Monday, June 7, 2010

Update

Dear Family,

Zone Conference literally changed my life and they way i look at missionary work. Elder Sherrard says it was the best zone conference ever. But I'm sure i will enjoy all the zone conferences to come just as much.

Tuesday night we had some people give us a hard time and gave us a lot of grief. It really dicouraged me. But at the zone conference Sister Bullock shared a poem about a tree that stood standing no matter how hard the wind blew. I felt like she was sharing that just for me because i realized I need to be like the tree that stays standing no matter how hard the wind trys to blow it down.

We had the baptism of Kay Longworth on saturday. The spirit definately confirmed to all of us that Kay was doing the right thing. I was so grateful for her decision. The baptism turned out great and the spirit was there to confirm that it was the right thing to do.

On sunday we were able to confirm kay a member of the church. It was my first time being in the circle. I am really gratefull for the opportunity to be able to do that. Also on Sunday, our investigator Jamil decided he wasn't up for going to church. I felt terrible when i found that out. But his fellowshipper asked where he was and decided to text him and ask if he wanted to go to sacrament meeting. so sacrament came around and we couldn't find Jamil or his fellowshipper anywhere. But they both turned up just in time to see kay get confirmed. I don't know How Brother Chalmers did it but I'm so grateful that he was able to get him to come to church.

Yesterday Evening we had the chance to take Jamil to A fireside At the mission Home. Jamil kept saying how he could feel something special about that home. he said that he just felt protected there. we kept telling him that that was the spirit that he was feeling. after that. Jamil commited to go to any meeting we had invited him to, because he said we seem to always know whats best for him. Jamil is so good! He is trying so hard to overcome his addictions to canabis and tobacco. Ever since i met him i could tell he had a great spirit with him.

Anyway How are you all? Let me know how utah is! Cuz England is GREAT!!! Southport in specific is the best area ever! Yesterday we jogged to the beach! I saw the ocean!!!! By the way i Finally go the SD card So i will send the other one home. it has really cool pictures!

I love and miss you all!!!
With Love,
Elder Ballantyne
P.S. The mail you send to the mission office doesn't get to me for quite awhile after it arrives at the office so if you want mail to get here earlier just send them to my flat. The address is: 4 The academy, 20 manchester RD., Southport, England, PR9 9HG

No comments: