Wednesday, May 12, 2010

First Email

Greetings From England!!

Yes I have made it to England! When we got here the first thing i noticed was we were riding the bus on the wrong side of the road! Next everything is very green and beautiful! other than that everything seems to be similar to things in bountiful. We had a couple opportunities to walk to the temple. it's very beautiful and today we get to actually go through the temple today. I took many pictures of it and will send them home in a letter hopefully tonight the card isn't full but i will keep sending them as much as i can. i would attach some in this email but i left my cable in my room and i only have 30 minuets to write emails. I only can write letters and emails on wednesday of every week, so next week i will be sure to bring the cable down with me. Oh And sorry Brenda no castles yet. be sure and forward this to everyone including my friends if you have there emails, cuz i barely have enough time to send one. Also i found 2 checks in my suit pocket that i will send home. I got my first companion the day i got here. His name Is Elder Turner he is from a place called Gillingham, in the county call kent. it is in the bottom right part of England. I'm am learning a ton from him and all the other missionaries here. i have improved my teaching skills greatly. Elder Donaldson from the area seventy spoke to us on sunday and we all learn a lot from him. we have already had the chance to talk to investigaters on mormon.org so i have already had the experience of teaching a real person, rather than practicing with another Missionary. We will actually have the opportunity to go tracting this friday in manchester. well it's about time to start wrapping this up. to everyone who gets this i love you all!

With Love,
Elder Ballantyne

1 comment:

The Ballantyne's said...

Serve well my nephew. I am so proud of you.