Monday, April 2, 2012

weekly update 4/2/2012

>
> Dear Family,
>
> I first want to talk about my conversion story; I was brought up in
> the church by goodly parents who love the lord. I never went
> less-active, however, in my Teenage years I start to think and
> unfortunately doubt the things in which I was being taught. The
> decision to serve a mission came; I was either to stay and go to
> university or to go on a mission. I had made my decision that I was
> going to stay and go to university and carry on with my live, mostly
> because I didn’t believe so much. I told my parents what my decision
> was. And they counselled with me. My Dad had told me that I needed to
> pray and ask if I should serve a mission. I not only asked if I should
> go on a mission but I asked if what I was being taught was true. I got
> an answer that I should serve a mission. I don’t recall a straight
> forward answer on if these things were true. But I followed the answer
> that I needed to serve a mission. Since being on my mission I have
> grown a testimony. I can’t say at any specific moment I knew it was
> true, but my answer came line upon line, until now and it is still
> continuing to grow.
>
> This week has been a great week. The highlight was, of course, the
> baptism of Sian Crosbie. The baptism went very well. Sian had planned
> the whole thing. It was a great service including a slideshow that
> Sian and her friends had made, which concluded with her testimony. It
> was powerful! The service was well attended also. The ward really
> showed there support and most of the ward plus more were there to see
> her get baptised. The relief society president spoke to us at general
> conference on Saturday and said that she will do everything to ensure
> that the sisters contact her daily this week.
>
> This was a very eventful week with zone conference and General
> conference. I loved it I feel so spiritually fed! I always love
> watching general conference. The talks were good, but the discussion
> afterwards is when I get dessert.
>


>
> --
> With Love,
> Elder Ballantyne
>

No comments: