Sunday, July 11, 2010

weekly update

HHHHIIIIIIIIIIII FAMILLLLLLLLLLY

This week was great! I learned so much at the training camp! It was nice to be able to improve my finding and teaching skills, and learn a lot more ideas to use in my finding! Also it was great to Learn how to help investigators Fill the Spirit during the Spirit Formula. I have noticed an improvement in the way I find, teach, and recognize the spirit!

Happy 4Th of July!!! Elder Sherrard allowed us to sing hymn 340 The Star Spangled Banner. It really meant a lot! We had a dinner appointment to day and we celebrated Independence day at their house by eating a Star Spangled banner cake, that they made. They have a son that was born in America, so he is an American citizen, so they celebrate Independence day.

The Fireside was amazing! President Pilkinson's talk was amazing. we started using some of the analygies he used in lessons. The investigator we took, Julie Meadows, also had a good time, Even if she had to go up in the front of everyone for the demonstration.

Sorry It took so long to Email this week. This week is transfer week so p-day was this Wednesday. Just so you know transfers are every six weeks. so don't send letters before transfers, because I don't know if I will be Moving or staying. Luckily this transfer I am staying in Southport. I predict i will be in Southport for 2 more transfers. But we'll see, you never know. Any way Elder Sherrard Left Southport and went to Runcorn to be a District Leader. So my new companion for this transfer is Elder Jolliffe. He is from Devon. That's in Southern England. 3 out of 3 companions are English so far!

Transfers went smoothly for us. I am Happy to be serving with Elder Jolliffe in Southport. We can already tell it's going to be a good transfer! We are both really excited to see what this transfer has instore! I can't wait to learn a lot from Elder Jolliffe! He has Already shown that he is a great missionary!

I did get the pictures! they are great! it looks like you are all having a party and a half! Elder Sherrard Loved the Hot Chocolate, I think it's his new favorite Kind of Hot Chocolate! He loved it so much that He stole what was left of it, no not really but I gave it to him. He couldn't help but to admit that American Hot Chocolate is the best! However English chocolate bars are so much better that America's. I love wispa bars! That's another bar you all have to try!

Anyway I hope you all continue to have a great time in Utah! I will Keep you all updated about what's going on here in England! "Achu" (thank you in Lithuanian). Thanks for all the support you show me! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!! "Davi!" (Goodbye in Russian, I think)
Love,
Elder Ballantyne
P.S. Andrew, Lithuanian investigator, taught us how to say "Achu" and "Davi"

No comments: